Building Automation Sales – Des Moines, Iowa
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa with over 400 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories.
Baker Group seeks a highly qualified Building Automation Sales Account Executive for our Des Moines, Iowa location.
- As a member of the Baker Group team, the Controls Sales Representative will report directly to the Building Automation Systems Business Unit Leader, and will be accountable for calling on, developing and selling to new and existing customers building automation systems on commercial, industrial and institutional projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- DDC systems sales, account management and installation project management.
- Continue developing relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities.
- Pre-construction and construction project management services relating to diverse building automation or industrial control systems.
- Educate customers on Baker Group capabilities not only in the building automation business but also cross selling capabilities for revenue opportunities within other business units.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of three (3) years commercial building automation, HVAC or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, a passion for engineering / construction and the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Strong client and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Knowledge of systems integration
- Understanding of building mechanical HVAC, electrical and temperature controls systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
As the local leader in mechanical and control systems, Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, a positive work environment, and long-term training.
EOE/AA. Drug screen and background check required.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
- 4224 Hubbell Avenue
- Des Moines, Iowa 50317-4508
- Phone: 515.262.4000
- Toll Free: 855.262.4000
- Fax: 515.266.1025
Baker Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. View our policy.