Project Manager – BAS / Controls – Iowa City / Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories.
We are looking for the ideal candidate who has hands on controls project management experience for our Iowa City / Cedar Rapids, Iowa location.
- As a member of Baker Group, the Controls Mechanical Project Manager will report directly to the Building Automation Systems Business Unit Leader, and is accountable for actively managing and administering projects in a manner that compliments all facets of the project from design to owner training, plus related work as required. The Project manager will also maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions for customers utilizing internal estimating software and standard product selections. Review with Baker Group team members solutions prior to submitting to customer.
- Act as the account manager or single point of contact with customer during project execution.
- Attend scheduling meetings with operations manager – assist with scheduling field labor.
- Attend project meetings internal and external – provide communication written and verbal regarding information requests, proposal requests, coordination, submittal reviews, etc.
- Initiate turnover meetings to engineering and field discussing project scope, safety, timelines, etc.
- Procure subcontracts as required for installation – utilize procurement documented format when obtaining multiple bids.
- Utilize company standard documents for business development, pre-proposal checklists, turnovers, subcontracts, purchase orders, warranty, etc.
- Manage the project to ensure financial success of the project.
- Continue developing relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities.
- Educate customers on Baker Group capabilities not only in the building automation business but also cross selling capabilities for revenue opportunities within other business units.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management.
- A minimum of three (3) years of project management experience, controls, HVAC or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience using Project Management Tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment.
EOE/AA. Drug screen and background check required.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
- 4224 Hubbell Avenue
- Des Moines, Iowa 50317-4508
- Phone: 515.262.4000
- Toll Free: 855.262.4000
- Fax: 515.266.1025
Baker Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. View our policy.