Industrial Mechanical Project Manager
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories.
We are looking for the ideal candidate who has hands on industrial mechanical project management experience.
- As a member of Baker Group, the Industrial Mechanical Project Manager will report directly to the Vice President of the Mechanical group, and is accountable for actively managing and administering the construction and delivery of new projects, to include contract preparation, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management. Plus related work as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
- Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms.
- Reviews and interprets proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advises consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
- Ensures that project operations are in compliance with design specifications.
- Establishes performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepares project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Authorizes the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
- Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations.
- Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Represents the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management or civil engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including:
- Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. EOE/AA. Drug screen and background check required.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
- 4224 Hubbell Avenue
- Des Moines, Iowa 50317-4508
- Phone: 515.262.4000
- Toll Free: 855.262.4000
- Fax: 515.266.1025
Baker Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. View our policy.