Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Baker Group employees are experts in designing, installing, and maintaining air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, plumbing, piping, sheet metal, digital temperature controls and security/access control systems.
Baker Group has an immediate opening for a Project Accountant in our Des Moines, Iowa office.
As a member of the Baker Group team, the Project Accountant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and will perform various functions related to construction projects billing, collections and budgets. They will work closely with Project Accountants working for the other business units and Project Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bill jobs (progress billings and/or complete) as turned in by Project Managers
- Create new job numbers for Project Managers
- Enter new jobs, budgets, labor rate, and other data into Spectrum
- Review and update CSRs and Overview Reports for all assigned Project Managers’ jobs.
- Attend CSR meetings with Project Managers, CFO, Business Unit Leader, and other management.
- Process and reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Provide contractor tax statements for jobs when required.
- Assist in the audit of any jobs, as needed.
- Assist in the annual financial audit, as needed.
Education and Experience:
Minimum two years experience in an accounting position, preferably in a similar role with similar functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of construction billing & collections.
- Knowledge of sales and use taxes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including:
- Outlook, Excel, Word is required.
- Knowledge of Access is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
- 4224 Hubbell Avenue
- Des Moines, Iowa 50317-4508
- Phone: 515.262.4000
- Toll Free: 855.262.4000
- Fax: 515.266.1025
Baker Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. View our policy.
Request More Information
Click here to get more information about what Baker Group can do for your business.