Project Manager - Plumbing/Piping
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Baker Group employees are experts in designing, installing, and maintaining air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, plumbing, piping, sheet metal, digital temperature controls and security/access control systems.
Are you an experienced Project Manager? Baker Group is looking for the ideal candidate who has hands on plumbing/piping project management experience.
- As a member of Baker Group team, the Mechanical Project Manager will report directly to the Vice President of the Mechanical group, and under limited supervision; manage and administer the construction and delivery of new projects and/or alterations/modifications to existing facilities, to include contract preparation, on-site, office and shop coordination, quality control, and all aspects of project management. Performs related work as required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
- Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitors and coordinates work performed by architectural, engineering, construction firms, as well as institutional, state, and local entities.
- Reviews and interprets proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advises consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
- Ensures that project operations are in compliance with design specifications, submittals, and with university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Establishes performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepares project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Authorizes the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
- Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations.
- Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Represents the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management or civil engineering or Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Experience in fostering long-term relationships
- Reasonable proficiency in AutoCAD or similar software
- Proficiency in reading construction drawings
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, including, but not limited to:
- Outlook, Excel, Word
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience.
EOE/AA. Drug screen and background check required.
Resumes may also be mailed to:
- 4224 Hubbell Avenue
- Des Moines, Iowa 50317-4508
- Phone: 515.262.4000
- Toll Free: 855.262.4000
- Fax: 515.266.1025
Baker Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. View our policy.
Request More Information
Click here to get more information about what Baker Group can do for your business.